Translate

Thursday, May 9, 2019

April's Eagle's Nest

 

 The Eagle's Nest 

April 2019 

THANK YOU EAGLETON COMMUNITY 

It is with mixed emotions that I have announced my resignation as principal for the 2019-2020 school year. I have consulted with district leaders and determined that it is the right time to bring on a new principal to lead Eagleton. I will finish this school year and ensure that everything is set up for success for the next leader of Eagleton. 

I have loved serving this community as a teacher, assistant principal and principal over the last 14 years. It has been my honor and privilege to advocate for and support the Eagleton community. I am proud of how far Eagleton has come under my leadership. I know the Eagleton staff is amazing and will continue to be amazing with a new leader. 

Each one of you have made an impact on my life and I hope I have made an impact on your lives as well. I care deeply about this community and always will. Every student who has walked through the Eagleton doors is special and loved my me! That will not change with a new principal at Eagleton. Eagleton is a special place thanks to all of you. 

Please consider participating in the process to select the next principal. Community involvement is integral to ensure the next principal is just right for this special community. Please fill out these online forms or stop by the office for a paper copy. 

Tell us what you would like to see in a new principal: 

http://bit.ly/InputEN 

Sign up here if you are interested in being a part of the search committee: http://bit.ly/SPSACen 

In partnership, 

Ms. Lee Rains Thomas, Principal 

READING AT HOME 

With only 2 months left of school, we need your help to make sure our students meet their end of year goals. Please make sure your children are reading every night at home. We are lucky to have Book Trust this year, which allows every child to select $7 worth of books to take home every month. Our kids are excited about these books and they are a great way to enjoy reading. 

CMAS TESTING- THROUGH APRIL 

Let's all encourage our students to persevere and try their best! It is a lengthy test that involves students showing their work and explaining their thinking. Make sure students get a good night's sleep and arrive at school on time to get a good breakfast before starting their day. Remember not to schedule any appointments or travel on these dates. Students who attend every day of testing will be invited to a special event at the end of testing. Literacy 

Math 

Science 

3rd grade 

3/19, 3/20, 3/21 

4/11, 4/12, 4/15 

4th grade 

4/9, 4/10, 4/11 

4/16, 4/17, 4/18 

5th grade 

3/19, 3/20, 3/21 

4/8, 4/9, 4/10 

4/15, 4/16, 4/18 

 

 

Janine Dillabaugh

|Assistant Principal, Eagleton Elementary

|Main Office (720) 424-7930

|Direct (720) 424-7933

|880 Hooker St., Denver, CO 80204